ProSAP and CSC revolutionize EPC for Aecon!
January 25th, 2015
As part of Aecon’s Bedrock project, ProSAP and the CSC Development Team have designed and delivered high impact enhancements to SAP’s Enterprise Project Connection (EPC).
Some of the impressive and valuable new EPC functionality includes the following transfers of data between Primavera P6 and SAP’s Project System (PS) module:
- The complete Project Structure (WBS and Activities) is now 100% transferable from Primavera P6 to SAP PS.
- Labour and Equipment Resources as well as expenses can now be planned and scheduled in P6 and transferred to PS to create Activity Elements while retaining their P6 object IDs.
- Material Resources are planned and scheduled in P6 and transferred to PS to create Material Components. These can be either Material Master based or Text based and leverage long text for descriptions exceeding 40 characters. The components are populated with all necessary information to automatically generate requisitions and reservations in SAP, and drive the intended Stock and non-Stock behaviour.
- P6’s Earned Value methods are aligned with SAP’s EV Methods and the planned quantities are transferred with applicable units of measure.
- Actual project costs and quantities are transferred from SAP to P6 and categorized into one of four cost categories (Labour, Non-labour, Material, Expense).
For Aecon, the EPC enhancements represent a critical piece in the overall Bedrock system architecture, ensuring a seamless data flow between Estimating, Scheduling, Costing and Reporting tools.